What is supported living?
In supported living, people are assisted and encouraged to take control of their own lives.
Golden Key Support Supported Living services provide support for people with learning disabilities to live in the accommodation provided by us. The support can be for just a few hours each week or 24 hours a day.
All our services are tailored to each individual person and we make sure that they are at the centre of the service we provide. Our aim is to meet their needs and aspirations and help them live life to the fullest.
We provide support in a number of different ways, including helping someone find a home. Our services include:
- Shared blocks of flats
- Shared supported houses
- Individual outreach services.
Our dedicated and highly skilled team works with the people we support and with their loved ones; in order to understand your lifestyle, needs and preferences.
These are the services we provide:
- Shower and Get ready in the morning
- Pay rent and organise your finances, benefits and bills
- Work out relationships and talk through problems
- Make new relationships and friendships
- Take medication, arrange health appointments and learn about healthy lifestyles
- Deal with practical tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry and shopping in the way that the service user likes it.
- Alternatively the service user can carry out any task by them self with support being available at all times.
- Organise weekly activities and use places in the community such as colleges, cinemas and restaurants to carry out leisure activities
- Use public transport and learn new travel routes
- Get involved in speaking up groups
- Meet with care managers and other professionals
- Do things together with your housemates
- Develop the person’s everyday living skills, including cooking, cleaning and shopping
- Provide support to maintain tenancies, including budgeting, maintaining the homes, understanding and following the terms and conditions of tenancy agreements
- Support the person’s independence by enabling them to make their own choices and decisions about life
- Help the person access training and employment
- Apply for and obtain appropriate benefits
We aim to provide holistic support and services that meet people’s wishes and needs and ensure that they are in control of their lives.
The people who use our services are encouraged to be involved and to play an active role in everything we do. This includes decisions on how their services are run and takes place in a variety of ways, including:
- The Quality Assurance process
- Independently facilitated Advocacy forums
- Tenants meetings
- Business planning
- The recruitment of staff
We also encourage and enable people to play an active role in their local communities through involvement at Partnership Boards and People First.
Golden Key Support Supported Living service primarily supports adults with learning disabilities aged eighteen and above. The team also provides support to:
- People who are on the autistic spectrum
- People with learning disabilities who also have mental health needs
- People with learning disabilities or sensory impairments
- People with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD).
- We cannot cater for users who require the assistance of an accessibility lift
- Where our supported living home is based
Our team provides support to adults with learning disabilities in the following areas:
Upton Park, this is in East London E13
The Supported Living team is made up of:
- A Business Manager
- Support Team Managers
- Team Leaders
- A Placement Advisor
- A Housing Management Officer
- Support Workers.